One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His family moved to a mansion in George Square when his birthplace was compulsorily purchased and demolished ‘for the public convenience’.’
- ‘For this illusory victory, Fielding has helped the Federal Government strip university student unions of the right to compulsorily levy a fee for services.’
- ‘If necessary, it will have the power to purchase land compulsorily.’
- ‘A move by Mayo County council to compulsorily acquire the necessary land on the island has run into difficulty and is currently before the High Court.’
- ‘Incinerators should be compulsorily installed in all hospitals and the Pollution Control Board should undertake surprise inspections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.