One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They get away with it because their opponents are, in fact, generally cynical compromisers or self-interest business boys.’
- ‘It's the unprincipled compromisers that get us into trouble.’
- ‘But she was happy to use and bolster her own image for party advantage, and that image was of a battling, indomitable leader surrounded by weaklings, faint hearts and compromisers.’
- ‘They have ‘rethought’ the old paths, renounced the idea of a perfect Bible, and have associated with compromisers and apostates.’
- ‘No, the problem comes from a steady diet, week after week, and year after year, of images of politicians as liars, cheats, compromisers and fools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.