One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No, the problem comes from a steady diet, week after week, and year after year, of images of politicians as liars, cheats, compromisers and fools.’
- ‘It's the unprincipled compromisers that get us into trouble.’
- ‘They have ‘rethought’ the old paths, renounced the idea of a perfect Bible, and have associated with compromisers and apostates.’
- ‘But she was happy to use and bolster her own image for party advantage, and that image was of a battling, indomitable leader surrounded by weaklings, faint hearts and compromisers.’
- ‘They get away with it because their opponents are, in fact, generally cynical compromisers or self-interest business boys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.