One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The simultaneous presence together of properties or experienced qualities.
- ‘The theory relies on what James takes to be the experienced relations of sensible compresence and sensible continuity.’
- ‘Each stage of the regress depends on the coherence of a compresence bundle at the next stage, ad infinitum.’
- ‘But this is difficult to square with Maurin's claim that compresence is external to its terms.’
- ‘It may be observed in passing that togetherness in time or compresence in it includes both simultaneity and succession.’
- ‘If knowledge is a relation by compresence, this knowledge cannot know the terms related, unless it transcends them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.