One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The simultaneous presence together of properties or experienced qualities.
- ‘But this is difficult to square with Maurin's claim that compresence is external to its terms.’
- ‘If knowledge is a relation by compresence, this knowledge cannot know the terms related, unless it transcends them.’
- ‘Each stage of the regress depends on the coherence of a compresence bundle at the next stage, ad infinitum.’
- ‘The theory relies on what James takes to be the experienced relations of sensible compresence and sensible continuity.’
- ‘It may be observed in passing that togetherness in time or compresence in it includes both simultaneity and succession.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.