One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's no reason you should be able to understand what these academics are saying because, for several generations, comprehensibility to outsiders has not been one of the selective criteria to which they've been subjected.’
- ‘Its students are both native and non-native speakers of English, and its concerns are intelligibility, comprehensibility, and interpretability.’
- ‘But the arguments which these two men have put together have the power of simplicity, comprehensibility, and the weight of reasonableness.’
- ‘But the comprehensibility, and even the internal consistency, of this moral position shouldn't affect the actions of those of us who do not share the moral premises on which these people act.’
- ‘And they have the responsibility of translating an arcane vocabulary into a comprehensibility that reaches us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.