One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as a seasonal greeting at Christmas or the New Year.
- ‘Compliments of the season to anyone who helped with these notes during the year and to all regular readers.’
- ‘I stood in the queue, paid this so-called tax and received a small envelope containing compliments of the season from friends in Johannesburg.’
- ‘She thanked everyone for providing such lovely entertainment and wished everyone the compliments of the season.’
- ‘Compliments of the season to all our readers.’
- ‘Robyn and I wish you all in Richmond Valley the compliments of the season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.