One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as a seasonal greeting at Christmas or the New Year.
- ‘I stood in the queue, paid this so-called tax and received a small envelope containing compliments of the season from friends in Johannesburg.’
- ‘Robyn and I wish you all in Richmond Valley the compliments of the season.’
- ‘Compliments of the season to all our readers.’
- ‘She thanked everyone for providing such lovely entertainment and wished everyone the compliments of the season.’
- ‘Compliments of the season to anyone who helped with these notes during the year and to all regular readers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.