One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is employed to ensure that a company does not contravene any statutes or regulations which apply to its activities.
- ‘To fix that, the SEC may soon require funds to name a compliance officer who reports to the board.’
- ‘The watchdog also could require each fund to designate a chief compliance officer to ensure questionable practices are quashed.’
- ‘The deal requires annual antiharassment training for teachers and peer training for all freshmen - and that each school have a compliance officer to ensure students' complaints are heard.’
- ‘The compliance officer will call dealers and find out what that particular unit is selling for in the cash market.’
- ‘It undermines the authority of the compliance officer.’
- ‘As the information security officer for a county health-care facility, I work very closely with both our privacy officer and our compliance officer.’
- ‘One could also have understood an argument based upon superior orders and lack of availability at the relevant time of access to a compliance officer.’
- ‘One of the duties of the compliance officer at my last employer was to walk round the dealing room and reset the time-stamping machines when the clocks had gone back or forward an hour.’
- ‘A compliance officer has since been assigned to ensure the campaign is not being unfair to traders and was devoid of any uncompetitive practices.’
- ‘The compliance officer retreated to her car.’
- ‘Anyway, there he was, working away, in his own fashion, with a compliance officer looking over his shoulder as he wound down his affairs.’
- ‘This greatly increases the number of requirements placed on hedge funds, including keeping up-to-date performance records, hiring a compliance officer and creating a code of ethics.’
- ‘She's hesitant to do that because she says that her compliance officer told her that if she reindexes, she'll lose her files.’
- ‘In turn, the committee must hire a compliance officer to report to the committee and to Microsoft's chief executive.’
- ‘An alert contract compliance officer found the error.’
- ‘In September, the bank hired its first compliance officer to focus on money laundering full time.’
- ‘Designating a privacy compliance officer, and providing contact information along with your posted policy, gives you the chance to set things right.’
- ‘Commissioners also will adopt rules requiring funds to have written compliance policies and a compliance officer who reports to the fund's board of directors.’
- ‘It could also copy any offending message to a compliance officer.’
- ‘This process, by necessity and the regulations, requires the branch manager and the compliance officer to continually review the account application form with the client's trading records.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.