Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sentence containing a subordinate clause or clauses.
- ‘The second passage contains both simple and complex sentences.’
- ‘A complex sentence is a sentence which is made up of one or more simple sentences and one or more connectives.’
- ‘Simple and complex sentences twine together, crammed with pinpointed details that capture the senses.’
- ‘This problem occurs when the grammar checker attempts to evaluate a long, complex sentence that includes several conjunctions such as ‘or’ and ‘and’ along with at least one preposition such as ‘of,’ ‘to,’ ‘by,’ or ‘from.’’
- ‘More complex sentences are manipulated, and the goal is not syntax studies as much as a tool to facilitate clear thinking.’
- ‘If you have difficulty constructing complex sentences, stick with your old friend the subject-verb-object construction.’
- ‘Most Syriac nominal sentences are not simple sentences; rather, they are complex sentences involving extrapositions.’
- ‘Our best conclusion is that for complex sentences, generation of part of a word in those sentences distracts participants from processing the whole sentence, which leads to the deficit.’
- ‘In this approach to qualitative analysis, complex sentences and meaning units are analyzed by identifying the semantic relationship of topics discussed.’
- ‘Reading quickly or slowly did not affect either group of normal kids; and the complex sentences posed no additional difficulty for any group, including the SLI group.’
- ‘You'll be analyzing far more complex sentences by Level 6!’
- ‘A complex sentence consists of an independent clause and a subordinate clause.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.