One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A test for infection with a microorganism which involves measuring the amount of complement available in serum to bind with an antibody–antigen complex.
- ‘The diagnosis is confirmed by haemagglutination and complement fixation tests.’
- ‘Using a complement fixation test with an antigen derived from a freshly cultured strain of unencapsulated H influenzae, an investigation of 74 patients with chronic bronchitis showed no change in antibody levels during exacerbations.’
- ‘Other methods like immunoelectroosmophoresis and modified complement fixation test were developed, but they lacked sensitivity.’
- ‘Detection of dengue IgM antibodies is an easier method of diagnosing DF as compared to other classical serological methods like haemagglutination inhibition, neutralization and complement fixation tests.’
- ‘Influenza A and B antibodies were measured using the complement fixation test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.