One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They have not done that by sitting back complacently.’
- ‘Are my followers and I supposed to sit there tomorrow and eat our turkey complacently while this persecution is occurring?’
- ‘Your editorial complacently endorsed the notion of matching the European Union average on health spending.’
- ‘The guys who run the companies now are sheep complacently chewing on their dollar bills.’
- ‘But later that day I went down to the pond to find the mother duck sitting complacently on the water while 12 little ducklings were shuttling about around her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.