One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition or circumstance that puts a company in a favourable or superior business position.‘expansion is vital to maintaining a competitive advantage’
- ‘Bangladesh's competitive advantage in the Jute sector is the fact that jute production is very much labor intensive.’
- ‘If you become complacent, the industry will pass you by and you will lose your competitive advantage.’
- ‘How do countries and their firms and industries develop and maintain their distinct competitive advantages?’
- ‘Furthermore, the lost time may result in a competitive advantage for rivals.’
- ‘Specific industries or companies may have the competitive advantages to be successful in specialist markets.’
- ‘Being a low-cost producer is a competitive advantage that is essential to survival in the dairy business.’
- ‘Its recent £2 million investment in the latest printing technology gives the factory a further competitive advantage.’
- ‘National culture may also help to create particular competitive advantages.’
- ‘Hiring and retaining good people is increasingly a business's competitive advantage.’
- ‘Over the years, Mother Nature's benevolence was a boon to Florida growers, giving them the competitive advantage over cold-weather spud growers.’
- ‘Giving away wireless broadband saves on billing costs, attracts customers, and creates an instant competitive advantage.’
- ‘Offering technical expertise just gives the ingredient supplier one more competitive advantage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.