One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We know this because he tells us so in speech after speech, and he shows us so by posing compassionately with little urchins in photo-op after photo-op.’
- ‘Champions of individual liberty often believe even more firmly than critics in doing the right thing, including acting generously, compassionately, and helpfully - in the spirit of community.’
- ‘When people have an instinctive belief that a crime will be investigated, prosecuted and punished swiftly, compassionately and impartially, it indicates that their country is or is becoming what we all want a nation to be.’
- ‘In the process, Nicholson actually transforms the unlikable Schmidt into a sympathetic and compassionately tragic character.’
- ‘Much of the overspend is due to the fact that the council has responded compassionately to the needs of vulnerable people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.