One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the process, Nicholson actually transforms the unlikable Schmidt into a sympathetic and compassionately tragic character.’
- ‘We know this because he tells us so in speech after speech, and he shows us so by posing compassionately with little urchins in photo-op after photo-op.’
- ‘When people have an instinctive belief that a crime will be investigated, prosecuted and punished swiftly, compassionately and impartially, it indicates that their country is or is becoming what we all want a nation to be.’
- ‘Much of the overspend is due to the fact that the council has responded compassionately to the needs of vulnerable people.’
- ‘Champions of individual liberty often believe even more firmly than critics in doing the right thing, including acting generously, compassionately, and helpfully - in the spirit of community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.