One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is no scope for compartmentalism and turf battles if we are to be successful.’
- ‘This is an example of the compartmentalism you will often encounter while traveling to other countries.’
- ‘He rightly refuses to be bound by the limits of what he describes as the compartmentalism of study and draws knowledge and influence from all areas of human knowledge.’
- ‘It is very much debatable whether such compartmentalism would be welcomed by those involved in creative arts, or if the idea is workable.’
- ‘Not exactly inappropriate for a festival which fires off broadsides against the smug compartmentalism of contemporary music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.