One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition resulting from increased pressure within a confined body space, especially of the leg or forearm.
- ‘The diagnosis of ' compartment syndrome ' was wrong.’
- ‘There have been many recent proposals of new diagnostic techniques for chronic exertional compartment syndrome.’
- ‘The mainstay of treatment for chronic exertional compartment syndrome has been surgery.’
- ‘Common causes of shin pain include stress fractures, compartment syndrome, chronic muscle strain, or any irritation of the nerve or blood vessels of the lower leg.’
- ‘Loss of sensation may be the first sign of a developing compartment syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.