Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition resulting from increased pressure within a confined body space, especially of the leg or forearm.
- ‘The diagnosis of ' compartment syndrome ' was wrong.’
- ‘Common causes of shin pain include stress fractures, compartment syndrome, chronic muscle strain, or any irritation of the nerve or blood vessels of the lower leg.’
- ‘The mainstay of treatment for chronic exertional compartment syndrome has been surgery.’
- ‘Loss of sensation may be the first sign of a developing compartment syndrome.’
- ‘There have been many recent proposals of new diagnostic techniques for chronic exertional compartment syndrome.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.