One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official on the board of a company who deals with financial and legal issues.
- ‘In 1991, he joined First Trust, where he served as solicitor, company secretary and compliance officer.’
- ‘This document was countersigned by Ennis, the company secretary.’
- ‘A limited company requires two directors, one of whom must assume the position of company secretary.’
- ‘The company secretary said the primary focus of the bank was to expand and it was considering opening more savings centres in the near future.’
- ‘He advised me to write to Stan Purcell, the company secretary and director.’
- ‘He joined Aer Lingus in 1947, when the company was in its infancy and, after over 40 years service, he retired as company secretary and general manager of corporate affairs.’
- ‘The company secretary was a Mrs Evans who was based in London but visited the Hereford factory from time to time.’
- ‘Would you please ask your company secretary to draft out the relevant paperwork so we may pass a copy to our solicitor for his approval.’
- ‘A director or company secretary who wishes to defraud his company will probably always be able to succeed.’
- ‘Mr Martin was appointed company secretary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.