One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official on the board of a company who deals with financial and legal issues.
- ‘This document was countersigned by Ennis, the company secretary.’
- ‘A director or company secretary who wishes to defraud his company will probably always be able to succeed.’
- ‘The company secretary was a Mrs Evans who was based in London but visited the Hereford factory from time to time.’
- ‘Mr Martin was appointed company secretary.’
- ‘He advised me to write to Stan Purcell, the company secretary and director.’
- ‘He joined Aer Lingus in 1947, when the company was in its infancy and, after over 40 years service, he retired as company secretary and general manager of corporate affairs.’
- ‘The company secretary said the primary focus of the bank was to expand and it was considering opening more savings centres in the near future.’
- ‘In 1991, he joined First Trust, where he served as solicitor, company secretary and compliance officer.’
- ‘Would you please ask your company secretary to draft out the relevant paperwork so we may pass a copy to our solicitor for his approval.’
- ‘A limited company requires two directors, one of whom must assume the position of company secretary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.