One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An army officer serving within an infantry company.
- ‘The submission is that a company officer is not guilty of fraudulent application under section 173 if the application is in accordance with the unanimous consent and the intention of the members.’
- ‘He had an uneasy relationship with his company officers but worked his way through these times.’
- ‘According to an anonymous Naval Academy source, the ritual has been practiced by some but not all companies over the years, although in the past two years a few company officers have discouraged it.’
- ‘Although some Americans managed to cross the river they could not stay there, and over half the attacking riflemen and company officers were killed or wounded.’
- ‘My company officer at the Naval Academy when I was young midshipman was a submariner.’
- ‘Many of its company officers (captains and lieutenants) were graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, where they received training and education in weaponry and engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.