One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For anyone traveling alone, or someone who is naturally gregarious, the cheery companionability of the other guests might have been fun.’
- ‘I can think of several reasons why British radio is going through such a good time. There's companionability: radio's gift of appearing to talk just to me.’
- ‘Observers noted a growth in the number of married women workers, the decrease in family size, the increased companionability of working class marriages, and the emergence of an apparently reformed working class masculinity.’
- ‘Majoring on looks can give the impression that you rate such attributes as kindness, good humour, wit, passion, companionability and compatibility as secondary to appearances.’
- ‘At first she is charmed by them, and comforted by the companionability of the housekeeper, Mrs. Grose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.