One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Shut down all the trash compactors on the detention level.’
- ‘Bulk trash will be disposed of in incinerators, not compactors.’
- ‘To avoid this, we are planning to make use of closed compactors.’
- ‘These loans are used to purchase equipment such as dumpers, excavators, motor graders, compactors, pavers, cranes, dozers and several more depending on the requirements of the project.’
- ‘A giant compactor - like a huge steamroller - prowls back and forth over this mess, compressing and squeezing it down so it takes up less space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.