Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who travels some distance to work on a regular basis.‘a fault on the line caused widespread delays for commuters’
daily traveller, traveller, passengerstraphanger, suburbaniteView synonyms
- ‘Traffic started to build up in the city at around 6am, with thousands of commuters late for work.’
- ‘I have to learn from the thousands of commuters who travel a long way to work every day.’
- ‘More early morning rain and mist is also on the way for commuters as they travel to work the following morning.’
- ‘What the metro will do is reduce the travel time by at least half for most commuters.’
- ‘One Marlborough women commuter who travels to London daily said she had used Swindon station instead.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.