One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause (a country or economic activity) to be organized on the principles of communism.‘the region was communized after World War II’
- ‘His attempts to communize the growing and distribution of grain, as history grimly tells us, resulted in the starvation of millions of people.’
- ‘Whatever else happens, we must not stick to the ideas of communizing the South or absorbing the North.’
- ‘In the immediate postwar period, under Tito's leadership, Yugoslavia became the most communized country of Eastern Europe.’
- ‘The Soviet Union communized the region after World War II, and it has adopted liberal democracy in the last decade, at least in principle.’
- ‘As long as the country is dreaming of communizing the entire peninsula, sanctions of any kind would not work well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.