One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sentence whereby an offender is required to perform community service.
- ‘Appearing to take a tough line on dangerous offenders may have been a trade-off for community sentences.’
- ‘The measures follow a public outcry over failures to monitor released prisoners or to manage offenders serving community sentences who went on to kill.’
- ‘The day ended with most defendants being fined or given community sentences.’
- ‘The government, ministers might say, is already convinced of the value of community sentences.’
- ‘The Government wants magistrates to hand out more community sentences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.