One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to coordinate cooperative work and campaigning carried out by local residents to promote the interests of their community.‘he was the chief community organizer mobilizing residents against the destruction of the Oak Ridges Moraine’
- ‘Filled with political idealism, he became a community organizer in Harlem after graduation.’
- ‘People attending a conference a week ago discussed practical measures community organisers can take.’
- ‘One community organiser who works in a high-crime neighbourhood said the 2,000 cameras now in place had reduced crime.’
- ‘Community organisers were reminded that security is not just about protecting yourself, but also the people you interact with.’
- ‘I was a community organizer who learned how to run campaigns to assist progressive grassroots movements engaged in electoral battle.’
- ‘Bambara's early years as a social worker and commitment as a community organizer influenced her work from its earliest beginnings.’
- ‘As for the community organizers, what's their plan of attack?’
- ‘Artists and community organizers should work collectively.’
- ‘If you are a community organizer, you have to face all kinds of issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.