One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-specialized hospital serving a local area.
- ‘The community hospital was closed to inpatients and casualty was shut down.’
- ‘I had admitted an elderly woman with severe leg pain to the community hospital.’
- ‘He died slowly in the intensive care unit at a small community hospital.’
- ‘The old St Michael's Hospital in Rayne Road, Braintree, closed in 2001 so the site could be redeveloped for a new community hospital and housing.’
- ‘Built on the former site of the hospital on Bath Street, the centre will house both a community hospital and a home for the elderly.’
- ‘If a patient needs nursing care in a community hospital they will be put on a waiting list for a bed in their Primary Care Trust area.’
- ‘Investment in intermediate care in community hospital rather than acute hospital settings may be more cost effective.’
- ‘To find out more about donating blood, contact your community hospital or your regional blood bank.’
- ‘Recently, I started working as an agency nurse at a smaller community hospital.’
- ‘When they moved she also did anaesthetics at the community hospital in Stroud.’
- ‘However, he was soon on his way to the local community hospital after his hand swelled ‘to the size of a balloon’ and he began to suffer dizziness.’
- ‘We were very apprehensive about the treatment we should have from a small community hospital, especially as my mother was 88 years old.’
- ‘As she lived 16 miles from the district general hospital I was asked if she could have the operation at our local community hospital.’
- ‘The surgeon told me I could either go to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore or to the nearby community hospital, and that he recommended the little, local hospital.’
- ‘I began working in a community hospital with a small pediatrics unit.’
- ‘I telephoned a nearby community hospital that was responsible for the rehabilitation of the elderly orthopaedic patients.’
- ‘Mr Greenway, who visited the maternity unit in the run-up to Christmas, said he could understand why women chose to give birth at the community hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.