One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A centre for housing young offenders and other young people in need of custodial care.
- ‘They were one of the first couples in the city to sign up to Community Parents scheme, which encouraged families to take children from community homes into their own homes.’
- ‘Residential community homes accommodate juveniles who have committed less serious offenses or are nearing the end of their sentence and preparing to return home.’
- ‘Mr Walker said: ‘We operate an ‘open door’ policy, so we accept anyone who wants to rebuild their lives and live in a community home.’
- ‘Volunteers willing to befriend young people in foster care and community homes are being sought.’
- ‘It became an assisted community home under the Children's Act of 1969.’
- ‘Volunteers are being sought in Bradford to help improve life for children in foster care and community homes.’
- ‘He could not be placed in an ordinary community home because he had held two children hostage at such a home the previous year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.