One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘While all communitarians uphold the importance of the social realm, and in particular of community, they differ in the extent to which their conceptions are attentive to liberty and individual rights.’
- ‘This means confronting the question of whether we view life and liberty, and the point and purpose of human existence, from an individual or a communitarian perspective.’
- ‘This solution reflects a communitarian bias in favor of local government over national regulatory bodies.’
- ‘Does the party retain its basic commitment to the free market or has it become more communitarian of late?’
- ‘And for that to work, I must adopt a communitarian attitude: my time is truly not my own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.