One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The village has a green, communally owned by the freeholders and stocks in the churchyard.’
- ‘Like our school board, he knows that ‘sound knowledge of any kind is communally generated and public in nature.’’
- ‘People also have a tendency not to take breaks communally anymore except for the odd lunch or drinks after work.’
- ‘With the addition of land to which title is held by state governments, the total amount of American land owned communally is 39.8 percent.’
- ‘‘There was no formal decision to live communally,’ Maher says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.