One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The welfare of the public.‘the Church's importance to the country's commonweal’
- ‘Its holders see no beauty in the Universe, only scheming business people fleecing the commonweal.’
- ‘No longer - now it's the market, not the commonweal, that calls the shots.’
- ‘Here vision, co-ordination, and resources are urgently required for our commonweal and moral fibre.’
- ‘And so, inevitably, comes the realization that they are being exploited not for the commonweal, nor for their own self-restoration, but for the enrichment of the elite few.’
- ‘Certainly, I can agree with the sentiment that quality literature is often outside the grasp of the commonweal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.