One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A noun denoting a class of objects or a concept as opposed to a particular individual.Often contrasted with proper noun
- ‘All other nouns begin with small letters and are common nouns.’
- ‘Making a common noun plural usually means adding an s or changing the ending of the original word.’
- ‘Tell students that common nouns are not capitalized and proper nouns are capitalized.’
- ‘It is a common mistake to capitalise a common noun that is an important word in a sentence.’
- ‘One project in the Centre focused on how children distinguish between proper names and common nouns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.