Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of reducing a material, especially a mineral ore, to minute particles or fragments.‘new comminution processes’
- ‘The majority of magnesium powder is produced by mechanical comminution, typically with a milling cutter.’
- ‘It is likely that this is a result of their being much more resistant to abrasion and comminution in moderately coarse-grained, higher-energy environments.’
- ‘Preliminary treatment includes such operations as flow equalization, screening, comminution, grease removal, flow measurement, and grit removal.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is recommended for fractures that have large fragments, significant displacement, or comminution.’
- ‘While chipping at the landing is still the principal means of comminution, bundling is growing rapidly and could easily overtake roadside chipping within a few years.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.