Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of reducing a material, especially a mineral ore, to minute particles or fragments.‘new comminution processes’
- ‘Preliminary treatment includes such operations as flow equalization, screening, comminution, grease removal, flow measurement, and grit removal.’
- ‘It is likely that this is a result of their being much more resistant to abrasion and comminution in moderately coarse-grained, higher-energy environments.’
- ‘The majority of magnesium powder is produced by mechanical comminution, typically with a milling cutter.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is recommended for fractures that have large fragments, significant displacement, or comminution.’
- ‘While chipping at the landing is still the principal means of comminution, bundling is growing rapidly and could easily overtake roadside chipping within a few years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.