One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
left-winger, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistView synonyms
- ‘‘Only Commies used words like peace and freedom,’ he later recalled.’
- ‘I don't support censorship or rooting out the Commies, but I do think it means that mainstream organizers and people of conscience have to take a more active leadership role.’
- ‘And I'd hate to think the Commies were ever ‘winning’.’
- ‘If you were barmy enough to believe that the Commies really would infiltrate the corridors of power through brain-washing, then you were barmy enough to believe anything.’
- ‘It's now 13 years since the Commies got booted out, and free enterprise is booming.’
left-wing, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistView synonyms
- ‘The four Cubans were declared the advance guard of the 1952 Commie contingent.’
- ‘Number one is Cuba, the perfect destination if you love those ‘faded Commie icons,‘as the magazine put it.’
- ‘For fifty years, Poland was under Nazi, then Stalinist, then various other forms of Commie domination.’
- ‘Why are you going to show us that Commie movie?’
- ‘The ruthless Commie officers have to shoot their own soldiers, because they're running away from the Germans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.