One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing or containing comments or judgements.‘headlines are sometimes commentative rather than factual’
evaluative, analytic, analytical, interpretative, expository, explanatory, explicative, elucidativeView synonyms
- ‘Speaking of sharp wit, this is Randy at his commentative best.’
- ‘She was undoubtedly largely responsible for the early widening of Dewey's philosophic interests from the commentative and classical to the field of contemporary life.’
- ‘It contains a monograph on Richardson, a critical essay on Jane Austen, and a number of less formal but even more interesting commentative papers upon various English and foreign writers.’
- ‘Even though he openly based his work on everyday advertising and 'commercial art' his use of it was usually commentative.’
- ‘Harvey's poster at his desk is at eye-level when he sits at his laptop to whack out his rigorously researched, deeply commentative pieces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.