One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The last decade has seen many attempts to carry out multiple criterion synchronization without assuming such commensurability.’
- ‘We might then consider what the modes and means of exchange are in the justice of both Tourgee and Chesnutt - what their ratios are and how they define commensurability.’
- ‘Such language brings us back to Dimock's premise of commensurability, the law's exercise in abstractions that ‘assigns due weight to disparate things’.’
- ‘The notion of interdependence between elements of complex traditions also tells us something about commensurability and relativism.’
- ‘The attempt to bind those fields closer together leads Herbert at times into inconsistencies that point up the difficulty of finding comprehensible commensurability across disciplines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.