One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'd say these are commendably motivated people.’
- ‘While there is little evidence of original research, she has commendably pulled off the tricky task of bringing to life a cast of vivid and disparate personalities and setting them firmly in their period.’
- ‘The motorway bus services are commendably affordable but they will never be a realistic alternative for professional commuters until we have the motorways to do them justice and shorten journey times.’
- ‘He was commendably responsive to the galleries.’
- ‘I would like to praise the actions of Mr Ashworth who behaved commendably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.