One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She left me her journals and memories and pictures, and in 1980 I was not so much hung up as I was a commemorator and an appreciator.’
- ‘Its aim is to both inspire curious Poles and challenge the thousands of yearly commemorators at the concentration camps in Galician Poland.’
- ‘And even while the commemorators shared many ideas about civilization and progress, they followed their ideas of civilization and progress to widely divergent conclusions.’
- ‘Though I never display the flag, I understand why the commemorators do.’
- ‘The commemorators have done their utmost to evoke and represent Africa, a mystical and glorious Africa, one of beauty, splendour and delight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.