One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An interface for typing commands directly to a computer's operating system.
- ‘This places the command on the command line at a normal prompt, and I now can edit it as if I just typed it in.’
- ‘These are exactly the same parameters you would use on the command line.’
- ‘Each of the scripts would be quite easy to run from the command line.’
- ‘Because we are specifying an option on the command line, we are certain the options will not be overridden as they take precedence.’
- ‘The configuration file contains a number of parameters that can be set there rather than at the command line.’
- ‘Since I was no longer able to access ANY of my files from the command line, I decided to reboot the system.’
- ‘On the new product, I can log on and run things from a command line and do it a lot faster.’
- ‘You can start Asterisk by typing asterisk at the command line.’
- ‘I can see why proper programmers like the command line so much.’
- ‘To check that email is working correctly, send yourself an email from the command line as follows.’
- ‘If a filename is specified on the command line, that filename will be used to log the process accounting information.’
- ‘You also can specify the starting directory on the command line if you wish.’
- ‘Put in whatever commands you need to run to start your program from the command line.’
- ‘This tool works well for those not accustomed to a command line.’
- ‘Having written this down, you may now reboot the system and enter this on the command line.’
- ‘There is nothing here that you couldn't do from the command line: the idea is to make it convenient so that you will do it.’
- ‘Each distribution has its own method of configuring network cards, so here we use the command line.’
- ‘The Unix command line, with its shell languages, maintains this easy, text-only approach.’
- ‘With this completed, I moved data between the machines effortlessly from the command line.’
- ‘Also, you can handle the program through the command line, which may seem to you more convenient and fast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.