One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A source language composed chiefly of a set of commands or operators, used especially for communicating with the operating system of a computer.mass noun ‘the problems of command language and syntax’modifier ‘Command Language code’with modifier ‘the search command language’
- ‘Even when the number of different devices grows large, it is necessary for the command language to have a uniform design so that it is easy to learn and extends cleanly.’
- ‘You don't want to learn yet another command language or obscure configuration-file format.’
- ‘It supports its own format-free command language described in detail in the Command Summary document.’
- ‘It is an embeddable, extensible command language for issuing commands to text editors, debuggers, illustrators and shells.’
- ‘As a consequence, in the interpretation of command languages, the user is given control over the context in which the names are executed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.