Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A source language composed chiefly of a set of commands or operators, used especially for communicating with the operating system of a computer.mass noun ‘the problems of command language and syntax’modifier ‘Command Language code’with modifier ‘the search command language’
- ‘You don't want to learn yet another command language or obscure configuration-file format.’
- ‘Even when the number of different devices grows large, it is necessary for the command language to have a uniform design so that it is easy to learn and extends cleanly.’
- ‘As a consequence, in the interpretation of command languages, the user is given control over the context in which the names are executed.’
- ‘It supports its own format-free command language described in detail in the Command Summary document.’
- ‘It is an embeddable, extensible command language for issuing commands to text editors, debuggers, illustrators and shells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.