Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun], [usually as modifier] The running of an armed force or other organization.‘a command-and-control bunker’
- ‘Central command and control agencies are a major component of the military command and control system.’
- ‘This allows each military to use its own command and control techniques and procedures.’
- ‘It came under the operational command and control of the area commander in Austria.’
- ‘One can expect that in the nearest future it will embrace all elements of command and control on the tactical level.’
- ‘Upgrading command and control of the Armed Forces has always been a high priority.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.