One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At a distance of one light-week, our solar system is lost in the Sun's glare; even farther out is a collection of cometary objects called the Oort Cloud, depicted as a sphere one light year across.’
- ‘By studying meteor showers, scientists can learn more about cometary debris, but it is going a step further with its Rosetta comet-chasing mission which will examine a comet at close range.’
- ‘The Hubble Space Telescope captured a picture of starlit asteroidal and cometary debris encircling the yellow dwarf star HD 107146.’
- ‘Such uncertainties make it impossible to predict the mechanical properties of cometary material and the way a comet nucleus would react to a ‘nudge’ to change its trajectory.’
- ‘Ease of accessibility is itself a natural resource and opens up the economic possibility of efficient exportation of asteroidal or cometary natural resources to Earth and other exploration targets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.