One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At a distance of one light-week, our solar system is lost in the Sun's glare; even farther out is a collection of cometary objects called the Oort Cloud, depicted as a sphere one light year across.’
- ‘By studying meteor showers, scientists can learn more about cometary debris, but it is going a step further with its Rosetta comet-chasing mission which will examine a comet at close range.’
- ‘The Hubble Space Telescope captured a picture of starlit asteroidal and cometary debris encircling the yellow dwarf star HD 107146.’
- ‘Ease of accessibility is itself a natural resource and opens up the economic possibility of efficient exportation of asteroidal or cometary natural resources to Earth and other exploration targets.’
- ‘Such uncertainties make it impossible to predict the mechanical properties of cometary material and the way a comet nucleus would react to a ‘nudge’ to change its trajectory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.