Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Tending to cause blackheads by blocking the pores of the skin.
- ‘For example, creams that contain lanolin - a wax derivative of sheep's wool - can cause allergic reactions and are comedogenic (tending to aggravate or cause acne).’
- ‘Many shampoos have comedogenic ingredients.’
- ‘A rating from 0-5 is then determined for both the comedogenic and irritation value of each ingredient.’
- ‘Acne of infancy occurs in infants between three months and two years of age and there is usually a positive family history; consider comedogenic agents, virilization, and candidiasis.’
- ‘Grades 1 to 2 are considered non-to mildly comedogenic and grades 3 to 5 are considered significantly comedogenic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.