One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Actually happen or become the case.‘dreams can come true’
be fulfilled, be realized, become a reality, happen, occur, take placeView synonyms
- ‘I suppose it is a dream come true for her, now she is actually going out with him.’
- ‘If he were alive today he would see his dream coming true but not quite in the way he imagined.’
- ‘The ultimate dream is about to come true for a nine-year-old football fanatic.’
- ‘Although Rachel is busy all hours of the day, she has managed to make at least one of her domestic dreams come true.’
- ‘Dreams that I had as a little kid are actually coming true, and it's all thanks to you.’
- ‘Their relieved mother talks about her dreams for them finally coming true.’
- ‘It promises to be a magical event where dreams actually will come true on the night.’
- ‘There wasn't a dry eye in the house when he said his dream had come true.’
- ‘Something like this is a dream come true for any amateur dramatic society.’
- ‘The irony of it all was that my joke could actually be coming true!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.