One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be reached or obtained.
accessible, attainable, reachable, obtainableView synonyms
- ‘The Chancellor of the Exchequer seemed, in this instance, to snatch the cash directly wherever it was come-at-able.’
- ‘This manure is not come-at-able in sufficient quantities to use on a large scale.’
- ‘Still, twenty thousand pounds in diamonds, in a box easily come-at-able, sealed with the French Syndic's seal, was worth having.’
- ‘The 'Trinity Audit Ale' is not come-at-able, as I've found to my great grief when dining at that table.’
- ‘At mid-day they have a mixture of boiled potatoes and the scraps from the house, and barley, pea, or bean meal, whichever may be the cheapest or most come-at-able.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.