One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Long-stapled wool with straight, parallel fibres, suitable for combing and making into high-quality fabrics, in particular worsted.Compare with carding wool
- ‘In recent years the company has branched into combing wools and are now commanding a considerable share of the market, with some 75,000 bales of combing wool being exported in 1998 / 1999.’
- ‘Bedford, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, and Norfolk has been accounted the longest and finest combing wool.’
- ‘All three contracts call for the delivery of merino combing wool.’
- ‘Light burr in combing wools can be removed by mechanical action.’
- ‘Complementing its full carding wool range, it is able to offer scoured combing wools to meet the most discerning wool top maker's requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.