One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oral contraceptive containing both an oestrogen and a progestogen.
- ‘If the migraine is not suggestive of any disturbance of blood flow to the brain, you may be able to continue with the combined pill.’
- ‘It is useful if you can't take the hormone oestrogen, which is found in the combined pill.’
- ‘The combined pill contains both oestrogen and progestogen.’
- ‘A contraceptive injection is as reliable as a combined pill, but fertility can take a few months to return to normal, even if the injection is not repeated.’
- ‘The combined pill is made up of two hormones called progestogen and oestrogen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.