One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oral contraceptive containing both an oestrogen and a progestogen.
- ‘The combined pill contains both oestrogen and progestogen.’
- ‘The combined pill is made up of two hormones called progestogen and oestrogen.’
- ‘A contraceptive injection is as reliable as a combined pill, but fertility can take a few months to return to normal, even if the injection is not repeated.’
- ‘It is useful if you can't take the hormone oestrogen, which is found in the combined pill.’
- ‘If the migraine is not suggestive of any disturbance of blood flow to the brain, you may be able to continue with the combined pill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.