Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A type of facial complexion characterized by an oily forehead, nose, and chin and relatively dry cheeks.‘using an excessive amount of moisturizer on combination skin will lead to blocked pores’
- ‘Girls, especially, can suffer from combination skin, where the T-zone is oily but cheeks are dry.’
- ‘He was born with combination skin - not too oily, and not too dry.’
- ‘After washing your face or showering, immediately apply an oil-free moisturizer if you're acne-prone or have combination skin.’
- ‘All these products are all oil free, so you won't have to worry about blocking your pores or anything if you have oily / combination skin (like yours truly).’
- ‘Intended for dry skin, this cleanser also felt right on combination skin.’
- ‘I use the one targeted for those with combination skin.’
- ‘Oral pill (singly or in combination) and combination skin patch formulations are available.’
- ‘Women with combination skin develop the tell-tale shiny T-zone along the forehead, nose and chin - where the sebaceous glands are more numerous.’
- ‘On her stand was examples of skin products for young, mature, dry, oily and combination skin.’
- ‘Skin that is oily in the T-zone (the forehead, chin and the area surrounding the nose), signals a combination skin of normal to oily, the most common skin type.’
- ‘Normal and combination skin will benefit most from a gel formula.’
- ‘It has created the ultimate makeup for combination skin.’
- ‘At the moment, you can buy products for normal & combination skin or products for dry & sensitive skin.’
- ‘Lotion is the most common form of moisturizer, good for normal or combination skin.’
- ‘For normal to dry skin or normal to combination skin, it costs £39.50.’
- ‘If your skin is a little oily and a little dry, try foundations for combination skin; they contain ‘smart’ microspheres that hydrate areas that need moisture while delivering oil control to shiny spots.’
- ‘People with dry skin are advised to apply oil moisturizers, while those with combination skin are better off using moisturizers with a high moisture content.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.