One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It also ensures that inveterate political opponents have a reliable forum in which they can engage safely and combatively with each other.’
- ‘This is followed by a narrative poem which combatively asserts the central role played by women (Eve, the Virgin Mary, Pilate's wife, the daughters of Jerusalem) in the Christian tradition.’
- ‘The film is modestly and precisely made, but combatively, with genuine and not contrived feeling.’
- ‘He responded combatively in classical Hebrew, a language alien to the church.’
- ‘Interestingly, the first season puts a strong focus on the relationship between father Howard and son Ritchie, the two working cooperatively and sometimes combatively through the ups and downs of teenage life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.