One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jacket of a type worn by soldiers in combat, typically having a camouflage pattern.
- ‘In fact, the lad in the back seat was wearing a combat jacket and appeared to be taking notes for some future internet-based tales-of-woe project.’
- ‘I had on my combat jacket and I was practising with my pretend rifle.’
- ‘A soldier's soldier, he liked to be photographed in a combat jacket festooned with grenades and found his four-star commands frustrating.’
- ‘The man of average height was wearing what appeared to be an army-type combat jacket.’
- ‘The band have resisted opportunities to strike aggressive poses and reduce the world's problems to a few neat slogans on the back of a combat jacket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.