One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Boots of a type worn by soldiers in actual combat.
- ‘He gave me a sad smile, dug the heel of his combat boot into the rubbery ground and spun in the opposite direction, striding down the hallway.’
- ‘Lifting up his big combat boot he stomped it in to the ground.’
- ‘If the Army won't buy a better combat boot, then perhaps the Marine Corps will.’
- ‘He has a combat boot on one foot and a flip-flop on the other.’
- ‘She placed a heavy combat boot on the stair testing the weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.