One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In their columnar form, these former poems have retroactively come to represent skyscrapers or apartment high-rises.’
- ‘Suddenly the path crosses a tableland of rock to a deep inlet where the sea surges into the first of the two arches - a headland of columnar basalt with a sea cave that has eroded right through the rock like a tunnel.’
- ‘Start with trees, and consider columnar types or those without spreading canopies.’
- ‘It provides for the creation of a wildflower meadow bounded by 12 columnar oaks and a seating area.’
- ‘The Hot Spring's design is about function as well as good looks - although its columnar shape takes up minimal space, its spiral form ensures maximum surface area for heat output.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.