One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prejudice or discrimination against individuals with a dark skin tone, typically among people of the same ethnic or racial group.‘the article looks at the roots of colourism and how it has impacted the interaction of dark-skinned women with light-skinned women’
- ‘Thus whiteness distances Lynda from colorism and racism but also from her family and culture.’
- ‘This colorism is prevalent within the Creole community.’
- ‘Colorism as distinct from racism has been the hallmark of the film medium at least since the early 1900s.’
- ‘Cole was asked about colorism and how it affects rap.’
- ‘Colorism is a component of racism.’
- ‘This article looks at the roots of colourism and how it has impacted the interaction of dark-skinned women with light-skinned women.’
- ‘Personal relationships fractured by colorism are emblematic of the distorted relations that prevail in societies governed by racialized ideologies.’
- ‘Intracommunity differences, such as colorism and class elitism, can be overcome.’
- ‘Colorism is a significant arbiter of intraracial class division.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.