One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of alternative medicine based on the use of colour, especially projected coloured light.
- ‘The hotel itself is also 4-star and comes equipped with pool, colour therapy sauna, steam room, gym, tennis courts and spa.’
- ‘You might need aromatherapy, a special diet, color therapy, sound therapy or massage.’
- ‘Believe it or not, many spas offer something called color therapy.’
- ‘Aromatherapy incorporates yin and yang, reflexology, shiatsu, pressure points, vibrational healing, colour therapy, crystals and meditation.’
- ‘She's also tried the herb St John's Wort, homoeopathy, meditation and colour therapy (she rates orange the most effective), as well as conventional drugs.’
- ‘‘As a deputy head, I had to do a lot of work with disaffected, demotivated children, and I wanted to use my skills in drama, colour therapy and counselling,’ she says.’
- ‘Homeopathy, light therapy and colour therapy all seek to restore balance to the systems of the human body.’
- ‘He added essential oils, herbs, homeopathy, seasonal remedies, minerals and colour therapy to develop a comprehensive system of Energy Medicine that would address the needs of the West.’
- ‘Sensitivity to colour lies deep within the human psyche and colour therapy has long been a feature of alternative healing.’
- ‘I use a lot of yoga and colour therapy as well.’
- ‘Maybe because red is a stimulant in colour therapy, a team in red is more switched on, more alert and aggressive.’
- ‘Recipes for remedies, as well as meals, incorporate herbs, edible flowers, and even color therapy.’
- ‘For the less energetic, treats for the mind and body included poetry writing, tai chi, beauty makeovers and colour therapy.’
- ‘The colours are based on colour therapy theories which say that certain colours effect certain organs and moods.’
- ‘All charged full of vitality and drive, these colors reflect the principles of color therapy and new age philosophy.’
- ‘Similarly, ultra-indulgent home care and self-care products such as herbal facial steamers, ultrasonic tooth brighteners and color therapy visors are being successfully sold at spas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.