One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The temperature at which a black body would emit radiation of the same colour as a given object.
- ‘According to a basic physics definition, this light has a high color temperature, while evening light has a far lower color temperature.’
- ‘Digital cameras have built-in white balance to compensate for the color temperature of the light source.’
- ‘The color temperature proved to be exceedingly high.’
- ‘Most incandescent lamps operate with a color temperature of approximately 2900 degrees Kelvin.’
- ‘A bulb's wavelength, as determined by its color temperature, can also play odd tricks on the eye.’
- ‘To achieve a lower color temperature - for example, to create lamps that mimic the color temperature of incandescent light sources - we need to develop a phosphor that emits more strongly in the red region of the spectrum.’
- ‘Illumination is provided by a ceramic filament operating at a color temperature of 1200°C with a lifetime exceeding 10,000 hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.